REQ: Info about specific comic

Où l'on parle de notre anti-héros favori...

Modérateur: Modérateurs

REQ: Info about specific comic

Messagepar mrkvatron » 07 Sep 2010 10:42

Hello people,

here is someone from Croatia loving gaston ;-)

At one point I thought I've read everything Franquin made, but than I've found this: Image (http://yfrog.com/izgastonbrj) which I have never seen before.

Now.. I like this window very much, and I would like to know from which comic book is it, and is it possible to get this enlarged and without talk bubble, so I can frame it and put it on the wall?

Thank you for any help, and sorry about the language.

*I've tried contacting both Dupuis and Franquin, but that didn't come to fruition.

***POOR TRANSLATION FOLLOWS***

Bonjour les gens,

Voici quelqu'un de la Croatie ;-) Gaston aimer

A un moment j'ai pensé que j'ai lu tout ce que Franquin fait, mais que j'ai trouvé ceci: Image (http://yfrog.com/izgastonbrj) que je n'ai jamais vu auparavant.

Maintenant .. J'aime cette fenêtre beaucoup, et je voudrais savoir à partir de laquelle la bande dessinée, il est, et est-il possible d'obtenir ce élargie et sans bulle parler, afin que je puisse l'encadrer et la mettre sur le mur?

Merci pour toute aide, et désolé pour la langue.

*J'ai essayé de contacter les deux Dupuis et Franquin, mais cela n'a pas abouti.
mrkvatron
Gaffodormeur
Gaffodormeur

Re: REQ: Info about specific comic

Messagepar flobo » 07 Sep 2010 10:55

Hi, it comes from gag 882, the last one in classic series album 14 "La saga des gaffes".
Unfortunately, i don't think it's even nearly as big as it would need to be in order to enlarge it.

Did you send the message to dupuis in french ? Maybe they don't answer to english written mails.
flobo
Gaffodormeur
Gaffodormeur

Messagepar Beiadeg » 07 Sep 2010 10:58

Hello mrkvatron :D

This picture is from the #882A gag in "La saga des gaffes" (#14 old way albums).
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/La_saga_des_gaffes

It a two pages gag (a Gaston 's dream) at the very end of the album.

I don't think there's a poster made with this image (but maybe I'm wrong). It should not be difficult to find this album.
- ... M'enfin, tu veux bien que je les flambe, ces crêpes, dis ? Réponds-moi OUI ou NON !
- NON !!
- M'enfin, c'est pas une réponse, ça !
Beiadeg
Modérateur
Modérateur

Messagepar Beiadeg » 07 Sep 2010 11:00

:mdr:

flobo has been faster than me.
- ... M'enfin, tu veux bien que je les flambe, ces crêpes, dis ? Réponds-moi OUI ou NON !
- NON !!
- M'enfin, c'est pas une réponse, ça !
Beiadeg
Modérateur
Modérateur

Messagepar mrkvatron » 07 Sep 2010 19:25

Thank you guys, I've found it. I've contacted Cro publishing company, as we've got only till 9th issue. Two years, they've said. I will try to call Dupuis, to see if it would be possible to get that one slide in high quality.

Apparently, there is a nice story related to this! I first "read" Gaston as a kid. My father loved comics and had a lot of them. This, 14th issue was actually the first one I've got my hands on, and it turned it had one page that was not printed at all.

Well, I an really happy I've solved this, I was trying to found about it for quite a while, but anyone I've asked didn't have a clue. - One additional question; what does "Menfin" means?
(I even thought about learning French so I can read Gaston in original version.)

Thanks! :houba2:
mrkvatron
Gaffodormeur
Gaffodormeur

Messagepar Trinitro » 07 Sep 2010 20:19

"M'enfin !" is short for "Mais enfin !" which could be translated as "What the...!" That is not necessarily a curse word (which by the way is not implied at all in the french version, but you get the picture ;) ), it's Gaston's gimmick to express his disagreement
Ma ! Pourquoi ze né rencontre jamais què des énervés, moi, hé ?
Trinitro
Gaffophile
Gaffophile

Messagepar mrkvatron » 08 Sep 2010 9:44

"M'enfin !" is short for "Mais enfin !" which could be translated as "What the...!" That is not necessarily a curse word (which by the way is not implied at all in the french version, but you get the picture ), it's Gaston's gimmick to express his disagreement

Thanks. Ex Yugoslav translation of Gaston was excellent (the same goes for Asterix and Obelix comics), we had a local version, something like "Give me a break?" Current, Croatian translation, lost a bit of the charm in my opinion, but the comic is still good. I must say I liked it much more in the context of Franquinish environment around the time when it was published.

Additionally, what is "Rogntudju!!" Our ver. is something like "If I get you..."

Thanks.
mrkvatron
Gaffodormeur
Gaffodormeur

Messagepar marcelinswitch » 08 Sep 2010 10:31

How do you say "Gaston" in ex-Yougoslav ?
Gasa or Gaso ?
marcelinswitch
Modérateur
Modérateur

Messagepar mrkvatron » 08 Sep 2010 11:56

marcelinswitch a écrit:How do you say "Gaston" in ex-Yougoslav ?
Gasa or Gaso ?

Yes, it is Gaša / Gašo.
I usually call him Gaston, thus that name.
Croatian version is "Zmotanec," (lit.tran. "Clumsy,") but the comic is sold under "GASTON" name.
mrkvatron
Gaffodormeur
Gaffodormeur

Messagepar Trinitro » 08 Sep 2010 17:23

mrkvatron a écrit:Additionally, what is "Rogntudju!!" Our ver. is something like "If I get you..."

Thanks.

It's a replacement for any very bad curse word possible (it was the first time ever in french-belgian comics that a character swore using syllables, while most of the curse words before that period of time were replaced by drawings like pigs, skulls and so on). As if Prunelle said "Nom de Dieu !" ("Bloody Hell !" would be quite close) while grinding his teeth if you prefer. So it was a great and unique way to make people understand that Prunelle swore very badly while avoiding writing actual words that would have not passed censorship.
Ma ! Pourquoi ze né rencontre jamais què des énervés, moi, hé ?
Trinitro
Gaffophile
Gaffophile

Messagepar mrkvatron » 08 Sep 2010 17:59

Trinitro a écrit:
mrkvatron a écrit:Additionally, what is "Rogntudju!!" Our ver. is something like "If I get you..."

It's a replacement for any very bad curse word possible (it was the first time ever in french-belgian comics that a character swore using syllables, while most of the curse words before that period of time were replaced by drawings like pigs, skulls and so on). As if Prunelle said "Nom de Dieu !" ("Bloody Hell !" would be quite close) while grinding his teeth if you prefer. So it was a great and unique way to make people understand that Prunelle swore very badly while avoiding writing actual words that would have not passed censorship.

Yes, Franquin's comics were specifically impulsive. It is interesting how much of his being an author enters into his work. I've read all of the Spirou and Fantasio comics I could get (I think all), and the overall feeling of the comic was distinctly different for each specific comic. Actually, it was interesting to see such a huge difference in expression.

You in France almost certainly enjoyed Gaston in best light, in French.
mrkvatron
Gaffodormeur
Gaffodormeur

Retour vers Gaston Lagaffe